Follow on BloglovinFollow on BloglovinFollow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Thai Vegan


So before I get started on this post, a little background is necessary....
Tomorrow I am leaving for the rest of the week to go back home to Grass Valley! (A small little town up in Northern California) Yay! It has been long awaited and it is definitely something I need right now. There is no place like home! But, since I knew this was coming up I haven't done much grocery shopping in hopes of eating what food I had so it wouldn't go bad while I was away! Therefore last night when I got off work I decided that I needed to go and get something to eat... It was about 9 o'clock and the only thing that sounded good to me was Thai Vegan
This place is suuuuch a gem! I love it! It is located on Main St. across the street from Urth Cafe and also a few blocks down from Dogtown Coffee (my favorite cafe). One super awesome thing about this little joint is that it's open until midnight! Which is great for anyone like me who has Thai cravings at weird times of the night. When you walk into this place you may think it is a little strange and disheveled with seashells for sale and a juice bar inside as well called Three Gems, but that strageness only makes the food seem that much better when you taste it! Usually when I go I get the pad thai, but last night I decided to try something new and ordered the Spicy Mint Noodles with soy chicken. This may seem extremely odd, but one of the things I love so much about Vegan Thai is it's soy chicken, I am addicted... Also may seem weird, but it almost tastes like Pillsbury biscuits. So if you like those, you will definitely like this soy chicken! In my Spicy Mint Noodles was wide pan-friend noodles, zucchini, carrots, bell peppers, onions, celery, cabbage, broccoli, tofu, soy chicken, basil and mint. You know it's good food when it has so many vegetables in it, especially such a colorful combination! I never feel guilty after Thai Vegan mostly because I am pretty sure I get my full serving of vegetables in one meal. As for pricing, without soy chicken it's cheap, only $7.50, a serious steal for the quality and amount of food you get! Usually I don't get the chicken but I was craving it last night, and it is an added two bones which brings it to a whopping $9.50, which is still not bad. As always my eyes-bigger-than-stomach syndrome got the best of me and I had to get a to-go box for the rest, which secretly is my plan because the only thing better than Thai Vegan i is LEFT OVER Thai Vegan! I don't know what it is, but it's the best left over food ever, I almost crave it more than the fresh version. So lucky me, I had Thai for lunch today too.
Well guys, I should probably get to sleep now or my drive home tomorrow is going to be killer.... but not the good kind of "killer". I am going to miss the sunny beaches of Santa Monica this week but I couldn't be happier to go home! And don't you worry, I will be blogging about the food I have while I'm at home too! So for any of my Grass Valley natives, I hope this brings you home as well! 
Time to finish packing and get some shut eye!

xo Cass
Don't forget to follow my blog on bloglovin so you can keep up with my posts! Click the button below!
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment